Image © Bob Jones
Latitude: 56º 26'N
Longitude: 02º 55'W
Address: Boat Brae, Newport-on-Tay, Fife, DD6 8EX
About Newport-on-TayThe pier was built by Thomas Telford in 1823 to serve the steamboats that plied across the River Tay to Dundee. The pier buildings closed in 1966, when the Tay Road Bridge opened, but the original frontage of the ferry terminal remains. It is now used as a boat repair yard.
Return to Area Map