Image © Bob Jones
Latitude: 56º 56'N
Longitude: 07º 31'W
Ownership: Comhairle Nan Eilean Siar
About Caolas (Vatersay)A landing site built in 1910 by the Congested Districts board shortly after they bought Vatersay from its previous owner Lady Gordon Cathcart. The landing site was mainly used for landing groceries for the local shop and by local fishermen.
Before the causeway linking Vatersay and Barra was completed in 1991 this jetty was used whenever the ferry needed to offload a car. Nowadays it is little used, except by local fishermen.
Return to Area Map