Latitude: 55° 60'N
Longitude: 04° 51'W
About CoveThis tiny harbour on the Rosneath Peninsula at Barons Point is used by the Cove Sailing Club.
The villages of Cove and nearby Kilcreggan were created by the 8th Duke of Argyll in 1849 when, as a money-making venture, he feued the strip of land along the south-west shore of the Rosneath Peninsula. Plots were quickly taken up by wealthy Glasgow businessmen who built large villas and castles as summer residences.
The quay was built in 1852 to provide access across Long Long to Blairmore. It ceased to be used as a ferry port in 1946.
Return to Area Map